Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What is in your kitchen drawers?

Do you have odds and ends in your kitchen drawers -- things you never use?  Yes?  Me too!  To the right, I have a picture of assorted forks, spoons, and one knife, dating all the way back from the very first day of our marriage.  I was saving them for picnics and lunches away from home;  however, these have not been used for several years.  And, I do have a container full of plastic forks in one of my cabinets for picnics.  

Maybe, I should save them, because it reminds me of my oldest daughter going to college away from home.  Nah!  I think it's time to say good-bye.

Now, these are full of memories, except for the cocktail forks and knives, which I have never used.  
  • A spatula and cleaner from a defunct Cuisinart
  • A coffee scoop from a broken coffee maker
  • A scraper from home wares I used to sell
  • An egg lifter from an Easter egg kit
It's funny.  I wasn't even thinking of getting rid of things, when I reorganized a couple of drawer in my kitchen.  Now, I have that much less loose stuff to store.  Yea!!!

208 Items I am freed from or almost free if I can make it through the garage sale.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this blog. I found it at just the right time in my life. You have inspired me. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I am so happy you found it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Deborah