Saturday, September 7, 2013

Clutter or Christmas Present?



Sometimes, something you like very much has become clutter to you.  If you are no longer using it, and you have no place to use it, it is time to say good-bye.  However, there are possibilities here, other than selling it or giving it to charity.  Do you have a friend or family member that would love a new set of mugs?   Could you divide them up to make a present with tea, coffee, or cocoa in it;  and add one of those chocolate covered spoons.  Maybe, you could serve up a mugful of candy.   Since we live on a very tight budget, I think this is a good idea.  It's not like giving someone castoffs.  This would be giving someone something I really love, that I think she would like. 

I am still trying to decide. what I should do with my mugs?  They really are cute.  Garage sale or Christmas present?  I'm not sure, but I have some time to decide.

This ugly little item is a bent curtain rod. It did not go to the basement: it went straight to the trash.  I love easy decisions.  So I can now say I have decluttered 213 items.  Yippee!  There is only one problem.  The things for the garage sale are taking up room in a spare room and irritating the dickens out of me.  At first, I thought it would be alright.  But, I am having a few doubts, as in will I have enough energy to do a garage sale?   I'm also thinking about asking a couple of friends if they would like to help and put some things in the sale.  What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. For me, garage sales never, I mean NEVER, EVER happen. We once had half of our garage full of things our daughter wanted to save for a garage sale which never happened. She moved on, leaving her lovelies for us to deal with.

    I understand the need we feel to find good homes for things we love - and for all of those other things that we possess, but what I've found is that doing this keeps me stuck with the stuff that has no home under my roof and the dream for my life remains just a dream. I also think I could sell them on-line. So far, I haven't even tried selling one thing.

    I would get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my clutter have given away or thrown away, but we took a vacation this summer; and, I was hoping to be able to put that money in savings. If it comes to the point of my health getting worse or getting this stuff together by the end of September being too frustrating, it will go to charity. It's a good thing we haven't had any overnight company in the last month, because a corner of the spare bedroom has been my gathering spot. I used to have a booth in an antique mall, so I actually would probably have fun arranging things for a sale, but it's not worth being frustrated or getting sick.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Deborah