Today, I had four things I was going to list; and then, I started thinking that maybe I am not quite ready to get rid of one. Maybe I need to rearrange, rethink, and reuse. Yes, I have done that with many things during my life. You see, I am not just a consumer that has to continually buy new things to find happiness. In fact, there is a certain comfort in knowing I am getting the most for my money, so I like to use my things as long as possible.
I am being ambivalent, which can be a problem with an object one has had for many years. I'm not sure it's use for me is done, because I still use the items it contains. So, how do I decide? Here are questions I have asked myself.
|My tummy will|
- Am I keeping this object out of obligation? Perhaps, it was a gift, but you never use it or you don't even like it. Or perhaps, you have just grown tired of it.
- Have I used it within the last year?
- Do I still love this object?
- Do I need this object for a special purpose, like a holiday, wedding, etc.?
- Can I substitute something else for this item?
- Do I have room to store this item?
- Is it probable I will ever use this again?
- Can this be easily replaced?
- Do I feel guilty, because I spent quite a bit of money on this item?
- Does this item make me happier?