Friday, September 13, 2013

Hubby Helping Declutter?!

 Wow!  My husband actually asked me about two items outside today.  I don't know how it happened, but the pretty little sheep statue finally lost it's second leg:  I had already fixed it once or twice.  And, we have an old edger from two relatives back that is useless, because we couldn't replace the blades.  I jokingly told him--that is probably why Mrs. Sweets got rid of it.  And  Mr. McCanfix decided that he might be able to use the parts.  When he died, we inherited it, because we had sidewalks, even though it never has worked that good.

Mr. McCanfix was a great one for saving parts.  Not everyone can make room for parts, but he was handy and built his own shed.  However, when he passed to the next world, there was a lot more than a shed to go through.  I used to think it was because people that went through the Great Depression saved everything, but it is more than that.  When did being frugal turn into hoarding things we will never use?  What is the line people cross over?  Some people not only cannot let go of things they bought or were given, but they keep other people's castoffs too.  Now, I realize that is great when you are really going to use them to make something useful, but many people keep accumulating and accumulating and ...Well, you get the idea.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you after the "hoarding" aside, that it is lovely when my husband jumps in with enthusiasm to let something useless go.

228 Items Decluttered Since March


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Deborah