Sunday, November 10, 2013

From One Room to the Next

A Beautiful Planter That Needs to Find Another Home

How many of you think of decluttering and organizing as the same thing?  I assure they are two different operations.  FlyLady Marla Cilley says, "You can't organize clutter...".  Of course, it may seem you are doing it simultaneously, but it is much easier to do truly tidy organization when you have already gotten rid of the things you don't need. 


I look forward to the day I have done the bulk of getting rid of clutter, and it is just a matter of upkeep.  I plan to let you know how that goes.

Now, I try to gradually get rid of the clutter, while I clean or put away items.
This takes less energy, and I am finding it to be a satisfying method of decluttering -- especially since I am actually recording the numbers of things that leave this house.  Moreover, since I have been using this method, it has become automatic.  I look for ways to delete things from this household.
I do not even want to think about
all the germs in this sponge.  It
was in the planter in the bathroom.
Not just a circle, but a grabber I used
to help me turn off a drippy faucet
in the bathroom.  Why did it take me
a month to throw it away?

A T-shirt I wore to bed
when I  weighed less.
A curling iron I had before
I had ever heard of flat irons.

Another Room

296 items have been decluttered, 56 more to go by the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh.. not the grabber! Those are too handy. My sister turned her house upside down looking for hers recently. She has a husband and daughter that take it upon themselves to regularly 'purge' items that they think are unneeded. The problem with that is, if they don't know WHAT it is, or what it's FOR, then they decide it's trash, much to the dismay of my sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the idea that I had been using it in the bathroom before my husband put in the new faucet. Hopefully, I won't need it. And, I do have a thing in the kitchen for opening difficult jars. I was seeing pictures of germs in my head, even though it had been sanitized numerous times. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Deborah