Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Lot of STUFF!!

By now, I am sure it is obvious to you that I have cut down on my posting for Saying Bye to Clutter.  I still feel like it is phenomenal that I was able to declutter so many things in 2013.

However, this year has been a little harder, because of health and now I have added another blog to my mission.  Now, I am out to declutter my mind of the diet mentality that has plagued me most of my life.  If you are interested in reading that, it is called  Loving Ourselves, Finding Ourselves.  Nevertheless, I am still plugging along, finding things to get rid of on normal cleaning days and as I go through my days.

Today, was one of the cleaning days, I decided I had to tackle the area hidden behind our wooden screen in the guest room.  It has been a mess.  I did not even know what was in the boxes that had been stashed there. In fact, a couple of times it felt like Christmas, as I found things I was missing.

Before I cleaned behind the screen the
 area was entirely filled.  Now look at it.

All in all, I was able to declutter 15 things today.
That makes 78 things that have been decluttered since the beginning of 2014.  That makes me a very happy camper.









2 comments:

  1. HOORAY FOR YOU! I should have kept better track of the number of things we pitched/donated during the kitchen/bathroom/dining room "shoveling out" process. Final assault was in the dining room in Beelzebub's Buffet. It's a lovely buffet from the 1950's that was my mother's & Hubsters refinished it back in the 1980's to it's original glory.... at least on the outside! Had kept it pretty cleared out until about 2007. All the drawers were in pretty decent order HOWEVER found all our insurance EOB's along with health insurance plan info from 2010 to present crammed in a large cubby in the buffet. Took me almost 3 hours to sort, shred & pitch it all. Amazing how much space there is & FINALLY have it organized to it's former glory like I kept it prior to 2007.... WHEW! Then a few days later, took on "my corner" of the dining room table, donated a tiny bag of things & it's now up to Hubster to bulldoze thru his 2/3 of the tabletop if/when he wishes... doubt he will, though! ;) You inspired me so much with your posts & now have clean closets, cupboards & buffet. Ahhhh yes, life am good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention husband's stuff. I finally said, Honey, you haven't used the stuff in these boxes for years. I would like to go through it. If I have a question, I will ask you. He said to go ahead. He had other things he had to take care of, and I am the home organizer. Sometimes, I have to find another way. Congratulations on your wonderful progress!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Deborah