Monday, April 28, 2014

Hoarding

It brings joy to see the clutter leave your home.
 It brings a sense of accomplishment and peace.
Oh dear!  If only you could see my dining room table, you would see I did again;  and, I cannot blame anyone but myself.  I started the mess;  and, then I started walking by it.  (A long drawn out Ohhhhhhh, and she shudders.)  Enough of the dramatics.

This week, the dining room is my zone to work for 15 minutes a day. Here are some of the things that are leaving my house from the dining table and my closet.  When I finish, I will show you the before and the after pictures on Facebook

57 Items decluttered in 2014

It's not pretty, is it? 

I am not a hoarder, but I am sure this is how it begins.  Layer upon layer of items that may have been useful or meaningful at one time gather on the table.  They fall on the floor or get put in boxes and bags, until there is no room.  It is dangerous and unhealthy when people get to the point they cannot clean the floor or the table.  Clutter, dirt, and grime cover the house flowing from room to room.   You cannot find anything, because there is no room left;  so, you go out and buy more. 

Have you ever watched the shows about hoarding?  If you are easily stressed, do not do it.  But, do start de-cluttering one, two, or three items at a time.  It feels good to be rid of the clutter.  If you need help, get a therapist that can help you to work through getting rid of things.  And, even though you may feel uncomfortable about asking good friends or family to help, let them.  I know it is hard, but it is not shameful to let someone help you, especially when you are dealing with chronic illness and fatigue.  God bless you.  

Ancient Leg Brace from mid-1990's

Ribbon I cut off several layers of tulle,
which I am using to make doll clothes.



Old Clothes 

Prayer

Father-God, I pray that you will bless and help the readers of this blog.  Help them find a way to change their lives by getting rid of the clutter that only makes life more difficult.  You know their needs.  I pray they will open their hearts and lives to letting You help them and letting other people help them.  Lord, I pray you will send the right people for those that need it -- people that will help and bless their lives.  I do not know all their needs, but You do.  I trust you, and I pray that Your will be done.  In Christ's name I pray, Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Deborah,
    Thank you for sharing your efforts to declutter with so many people! It's a real nightmare to me because my Fibro and my Chronic Fatigue don't allow me to keep things tidy and shipshape. In addition, being a perfectionist doesn't help. Today I just gave up..I had so many plans to do Spring cleaning, but my stamina levels were extremely low. It can be so frustrating. I sometimes feel useless. I tried taling a cup of coffee, but it only made me feel worse and anxious. As you say, little by little is the solution and not trying to do everything in just one day.
    God bless you for your comments and prayer. Best from Spain. Beatriz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Beatriz,
      I apologize for taking 4 days to reply. I have been spending less time on my blogs and email, because I realized I needed to expend some of that energy in my home. I still get frustrated too, but not as often as before. Thank you for your comment. There are many of us in this world that deal with Fibro and Chronic Fatigue, and it is good to know we are there for each other, at least in spirit. God bless you. He just blessed me by finding your comment. Best to you from South Georgia, USA, Deborah

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Deborah